Knitweld® Exothermic Welding System provides the best solution through permanent molecular bonding. Exothermic welding is the industry preferred method of making electrical connections due to its inherent molecular level reliability for conductors and grounding points.
LSG PROTECT Knitweld® Exothermic Welding is a simple, efficient, high quality metal connection method. Exothermic Welding by alumino-thermic reaction generated by high temperature to make metal molten completely to achieve high quality welding effect. This reaction is conducted in the graphite mold of high temperature resistance. Normally a graphite could be used for more than 70 points. Exothermic reaction process takes few seconds only.
- Welding does not require external heat or power source.
- Will not loosen or increase in resistance over time.
- Superior electrical conductivity than the conductors themselves.
- Will not corrode, oxidize, or degrade over time.
- Compatible with copper, steel, columbium, bronze, iron, copper-clad steel, stainless steel, Monel, niobium, brass, & silicon bronze.
- Requires no special skills.
- Highly portable.
- Reduces labor costs.
Knitweld Welding Procedure – Exothermic Weld
- Before the first welding, heat the mould for 3-5 minutes to make sure it is dry and clean.
- Heating the conductor to make sure it is dry and cIean.
- Clean the conductor by steel brush.
- Place and fix the conductors into the reaction cavity, put the starting powder on the top of welding powder while some on the lip of the mould.
- Place the steel plate at the bottom of the mould.
- Pour the welding powder into the reaction cavity. Put the starting powder in the top of welding powder while some on the lip of the mould.
- Close the lid and ignite the starting powder with lighting gun.
- After the reaction, wait for 2-3 minutes, open the mould and clean the welding residue.
- Before welding, check the mold clamp and adjust properly to make sure it close tightly.
- Don’t observe the welding process, it will hurt your eyes.
- Don’t touch the conductor and the joint after welding to avoid empyrosis.
- Keep the weld metal in a dry place, don’t operate when blowing.
Products and Services
We supply best in industry products related to exothermic welding from moulds to safety equipment. We have our exclusive facility to make custom moulds as per client requirements.
We have a delivery facility to any part of India and installation services can be carried out on a quantity basis.